WHAT I DO
I build software for all parts of hardware systems. At home writing a performant web UI, designing a robot state machine, or bit-banging data through a custom SPI. I thrive rapidly building proof-of-concept systems that acutally work in the real world.
Senior IoT Engineer • Markforged
April 2021 - Current
- Developing core platform code and user interface for the next generation of industrial composite printer.
- Integrating with legacy API to interface with Markforged's flagship 3D printing and slicing web application.
Senior Robotics Engineer • Canvas Construction
Jan 2019 - May 2020
- Created the graphical interface for operation of Canvas’ construction robot for use on a variety of desktop and mobile devices by both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Built a simulation environment from the ground-up in Unity to streamline functional and regression tests, as well as improve productivity by removing reliance on hardware.
Senior Interviewer • Karat
Apr 2018 - Aug 2018
- Conducted interviews with engineering candidates to assess technical abilities using a variety of standardized tests and coding challenges.
Senior Software Engineer • Impossible Foods
Jan 2015 - Feb 2018
- Streamlined scientist workflow by automating data organization, analysis, processing, gathering, and warehousing, saving hundreds of hours.
- Built and programmed equipment that enabled scientists to measure new attributes and features of the product, removing the need for expensive specialized hardware.
- Maintained 8 independent infrastructureless Google App Engine apps.
Robotics Engineer • Vecna Technologies
Jul 2012 - Aug 2014
- Helped transition Vecna’s flagship robot, the QC Bot, from a second-generation prototype into a production model used at six sites in Europe.
- Integrated low-level sensors, improved navigation performance, and developed much of the protocols for server communication, inter-robot coordination, user interface control, and control of on-site infrastructure.
- Developed the user interface used by remote support staff to monitor robots all over the world and respond to issues in real-time without intimate knowledge of the system.
Co-Founder • Sensible Baby
Mar 2013 - Jan 2014
- Helped develop a prototype baby monitor that communicates with an iPhone to alert parents of unusual activity, and went on to raise $100,000 for an initial prototype run.
- Managed website creation and maintenance, along with many non-technical tasks associated with startup growth, such as filing for a copyright and interacting directly with beta testers.
- Prior Experience: C, Objective C, Java, C++
- DevOps: Unix, Google Compute, Google App Engine, Nginx
- Frameworks: ROS, Node.js, Three.js, SQL, MongoDB, Arduino, AVR, PIC
- Programs: Unity, XCode, Fusion 360
Master of Computer Science
2011 - 2012
Computer Science Department, Cornell University
Bachelor of Robotics Engineering
2007 - 2011
Robotics Department, Worcester Polytechnic University